FOH - Supervisor
The FOH – Supervisor is responsible for all Front of House operations, including but not limited to order purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. The FOH – Supervisor is responsible for the training of employees in connection with receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. The Rustic Rooster Inc. standards are upheld, and the best possible customer experience is delivered every time.
- Responsible for assisting in ordering food products as well as ensuring enough supplies, products and materials are on hand everyday to complete all products and orders.
- Assisting to control food cost and usage by following proper product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and assists in training of new kitchen employees.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of FOH personnel in safe operation of all FOH equipment
- Ensure the café and bar are cleaned on a regular schedule.
- Responsible for training FOH personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices. and always meets all Food Safety and Health Department regulations;
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for FOH floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Ensure that daily duties are completed by the end of the day.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure all monthly reports are completed as directed by Operations Manager
- Assist in bi-weekly payroll reporting
- Inventory management and counting
- Assist the Operations Manager with developing and implementing new company initiatives
- Assist the Operations Manager with insuring daily sales goals are reached and daily labor costs are kept at a minimum will maintaining smooth business operations
- Assist the Operations Manager with all product development and launches
- Creation of daily schedule and task list
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed and executed correctly on a day to day basis
- Ensure the café & bar are always kept clean and presentable; according to current company guidelines.
- Managing and maintaining POS item library, inventory, etc.
- Completion of nightly cash up, deposit and card reconciliation
- Minimum 2 years experience in customer service/retail industry.
- Minimum 2 year experience in a supervisory or management type role
- Cash handling experience is an asset, but not required.
- Barista experience is an asset, but not required.
- Reliable transportation.
- Flexible availability, with a minimum of 5 days a week.
- Ability to multitask and handle working under pressure.
- Self motivated and detail oriented
- Must possess a positive attitude, have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be organized and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent supervisory capabilities with the ability to effectively supervise staff in order to maintain maximum production.
- Enjoy being creative while bringing new ideas forward for lunch features, baking, new menu items, etc.
- Catering experience an asset but not necessary.
- Be available to work outside regular hours for special events.